Since we first started building websites in 1995 we’ve used content management systems like Mambo, Drupal, and later Joomla, but it wasn’t long before we realised that WordPress was a far better option. Since then it has continued to improve, becoming an excellent solution for any site that will be updated regularly as well as for e-commerce sites and of course blogs. WordPress now powers 43% (and rising!) of the Internet.
Today we use WordPress for all our web development. We love and recommend it because it’s so easy to use and you’ll be able to update the site yourself. We will give you documentation so that you can learn how to update your site or, if needed, give you and your team training at your home or office if you live on the Sunshine Coast or by Skype if you live further afield or overseas.
WordPress is a great solution for business because it’s easy to use but it’s also powerful enough to host blogs for mega sites like CNN, Reuters, and Ebay. In fact, you can do anything in WordPress, from setting up an online store with secure sales to hosting a private membership only area or forum.
5 More Reasons We Recommend WordPress
1. It has hundreds of plug-ins – Plug-ins are extras that upgrade your site to create enhanced functionality, security and ease of use. For example, there are plug-ins to allow you to add Twitter or Facebook share buttons to your site or to create a blog editorial calendar. It’s flexible – it can do whatever you want it to do, so you’ll never need to change your content management system again.
2. It’s great for SEO. If you want your website to rank well on Google, you’ll need a WordPress site!
3. WordPress is great for websites, not just blogs – it’s an excellent content management system that allows you to update every page of your site yourself.
4. It’s free – Yes, you read that right.
5. There is a huge choice of themes – there are literally thousands of themes to choose from and we can point you to the much smaller number that are any good. The benefit of using a good theme as the starting point of your design is that it will save us a lot of development time, and save you a lot of dollars!
To find out if WordPress is the best solution for you, give us a call. We’ll be happy to discuss updates, themes, plug-ins or anything else that you’d like to know more about.